- Florida Panthers Kids Day. Sponsored by an orthodontist, and featuring kids taking over many of the adult jobs.
- Name the Promotion Contest. The Quad Cities River Bandits wants fans to come up with great promotions.
- 80's Night featuring Vanilla Ice. The Denver Nuggets take an 80's night promo to a whole new level, and invite Robert Van Winkle to perform his one-hit wonder.
- World's Biggest Pillow Fight. The Kane County Cougars set a Guiness World Record.
- Oakland A's Design Your Own T-shirt. A contest to create a t-shirt to be distributed to 10,000 fans at an upcoming game.
- Salute to Imperfection Night. Hosted by the Jamestown Jammers.
- A look back at 1979: Disco Demolition Night
- Interview with Teddy Roosevelt, one of the Washington Nationals mascots, still winless in the Presidents Race.
- Manchester Monarchs Fan Choice Promotion. "Fans chose the giveaway item for the night, the National Anthem singer, the first intermission contest, and the promotional events held during timeouts. Fans were able to vote on these promotion options throughout the month of November at the team’s web site."
Jan 12, 2009
Some fun, strange, and effective promotions we've read about over the past few months: