Hey Kansas City! What song do you want to STRETCH to?The Royals are asking fans to vote to help them narrow down the field from ten songs:
There's no question the essential 7th inning Stretch song will always be "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." It's a baseball tradition! But the dance doesn't end there...
After that each Major League ballclub and it's fans can set their own course by adopting a song and truly making it their own. Fenway Park and Red Sox Nation belts out "Sweet Caroline", the folks in Texas hoe-down to "Cotton-Eyed Joe" with the Rangers, and in the altitude of Colorado they always reach a "Rocky Mountain High"...
- Last Dance, by Donna Summer
- Son of a Preacher Man, by Dusty Springfield
- Kansas City, by The Beatles
- The Limbo
- Cotton Eyed Joe, by Rednex
- Ring of Fire, by Johnny Cash
- Dancing Queen, by ABBA
- Come on Eileen, by Dexy’s Midnight Runners
- Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground), by Michael Jackson
- Sweet Caroline, by Neil Diamond
Jon Cudo over at GameOps.com (where we originally heard about this) is voting for Come on Eileen. We're rooting for Cotton Eye Joe, although something tells me it won't win.