Feb 25, 2007

Behind the Scenes: Penalty box guy

Ever wonder what it would be like to be a penalty box attendant? Kevin Kaduk from the Northwest Herald (Chicago) found out:
The first penalty is called on the Hounds, and it’s on Chris Busby, 2 minutes for hooking. I lean down on the lever and pull the door back. Busby skates up and steps in. I slam the door, slide to the left on the bench and remain unsure of whether to greet him. Finally, I decide to say something....

Busby mumbles something about the blue line, and that’s the extent of our conversation. Two minutes of awkwardness begin. I wonder, is there supposed to be chatting in the penalty box? Should I ask him about the weather? His life away from the ice? Britney’s new bald head? Read more...
(via Kukla's Korner)

1 comment:

drose6514 said...

How did you become a penalty box attendant? Thats my dream job!